Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hello from St. Louis! :)


Hi Everyone!

I hope this post finds you well. This is day 2 of the National Conference and I miss you so much! I am learning a lot and meeting so many wonderful educators from all over the world!

The airplane ride was a little scary because it was a tiny plane. Luckily, we didn't have to switch planes because it was a non-stop flight. When we got off the airplane, we saw a sign welcoming us to St. Louis!


After we got all settled into our hotel, we decided to take a walk to look around. It wasn't a very good idea because we got so cold!
On our way, we did walk through this really neat park filled with art sculptures.
The first night we were here, it snowed! I have some other pictures to show you on my camera that I will upload as soon as I get home. Ms. Manabat was so excited to see the snow! :)

Last night we ate at a really good bbq restaurant called Bandanas. There were actually more Jacksonville people eating there than any other city!! We couldn't believe how many of our "neighbors" were there! I really think it was the best bbq I have ever eaten.

After that, we went to a famous frozen custard place, Ted Drewes, to get "concrete". I had hot fudge on top of mine.
The line was so long, and it was 30 degrees outside! This is our group waiting in the long line!!

I hope everyone is behaving for the substitute! I will be at school on Thursday. There are only a few more days left until our Christmas party and break! I will blog some more later or tomorrow.

Miss you!!
Mrs. Taylor :)

No comments: