WOW! Literacy week has been such a fun week, so far! The class dropped everything to read yesterday to read for 30 minutes...even the teachers were able to get some good reading time in!
Today, we all enjoyed our 5th grade guests from Mr. Kretsman's class as we read books and discussed the lessons learned.
Some student quotes:
"It was fun because I got to meet different kids and read with them." - Kaitlyn, 5th Grade
"I got to make a new friend and she helped me read my new book." - Aubrey, 1st Grade
"I loved it! I met a new friend and I read lots of books!" - Gavin, 1st Grade
"It is fun to read to children because I'm teaching them about the lessons in the books." - Ethen, 5th Grade
Today, we all enjoyed our 5th grade guests from Mr. Kretsman's class as we read books and discussed the lessons learned.
Some student quotes:
"It was fun because I got to meet different kids and read with them." - Kaitlyn, 5th Grade
"I got to make a new friend and she helped me read my new book." - Aubrey, 1st Grade
"I loved it! I met a new friend and I read lots of books!" - Gavin, 1st Grade
"It is fun to read to children because I'm teaching them about the lessons in the books." - Ethen, 5th Grade
| Some really good fluency while reading "The Gingerbread Man!" |
| Mr. Kretzman and Gavin enjoyed sharing some books about stars, animals...and even some funny knock, knock jokes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment